An electric lawn mower uses a type of internal combustion engine, also called an internal combustion engine.
For the operation of the cutter it is necessary for the explosion of fuel to occur, such as gasoline, which will be generated by a spark. In this way, it transforms the chemical energy resulting from the combustion into mechanical energy so that the mower does its job.
Unlike an electric lawn mower , the blast mower has a longer range as it does not use cables and generally has larger motors, with more hp.
When purchasing a blast mowing machine , take into account the use that will be given to it and receive from the seller the necessary technical advice to know the power that will be required and the type of mower.
There are several sizes of motors and cutters. Motors generally range from 3.5 hp to 7 hp (home use machines – semi professional).
The width of cut, usually measured in inches, is also a variable to consider. Remember that the bigger the motor, the less effort it will make when mowing.
There are self-propelled blast mowers : this means that the mower advances by itself (generally from 0 to 5 km / h), in order not to have to use too much force when cutting.
Another point to take into account is the grass collection basket, if it has or has a side discharge, its capacity, etc.
The fuel is generally gasoline-naphtha. The oil to use depends on whether the mower is 2-stroke or 4-stroke.
Types of blast mowers:
The types of lawn mower vary according to:
- When starting , some models require manual starting by pulling a crank or cord. Other models offer electric ignition that facilitates the ignition of the internal combustion engine.
- At the throttle type , some models feature a manual throttle control in order to regulate the speed of the mower during operation. Other models come with the factory default speed.
- To the cutting of the blades . It can be vertical or rotary cut and reel cut, also called cylinder.
- To the type of engine , some lawnmowers use a 4-stroke engine, because it requires 4 times for the piston to complete its combustion cycle. Other series have a 2-stroke engine because it takes two times to complete the combustion cycle. Depending on whether it is a four-stroke or two-stroke engine, we will have to put the oil (which lubricates) separately or together with the gasoline, as in the case of 2-stroke engines.
- When using a bag , which is where the grass is automatically collected in some models while others do not include it in their presentation.
Parts of a lawn mower:
A blast mower consists of the following parts:
- Air filter : allows a constant flow of air, achieving good combustion.
- Motor: it is in charge of supplying the power to the cutter.
- Bearings : allows relative rotation between the internal parts of the cutter.
- Straps : facilitate the work of the wheels.
- Blades : they are the ones that cut the grass directly.
- Carburetor : where the internal combustion process occurs.
- Oil filter : retains metal or carbon particles and protects the mower motor.
- Wheels : they are in charge of moving the mower through the grass.
- Bag : where the cut grass is collected
- Crank : for manual cutting of the cutter.
Be sure to properly maintain the mower and engine to avoid accidents or ongoing repairs. The lawn mowers blast . They are basically cooled by the air around them, so it is important to let the machine rest when cutting large areas of grass.
On the other hand, when we finish using it, doing a quick cleaning will not do it any bad.
Remove the impregnated grass with a brush, lubricate the blades and the blade shaft with the appropriate oil, remove the excess gasoline if it will not be used again for a long time, etc.
In the event that we bend or damage the blade, due to a blow, bear in mind that it must be replaced, since otherwise it will be unbalanced, which will generate incorrect operation, excessive vibrations and later breakage of the bearing or shaft.
Very important: check the oil level, otherwise we will melt the engine.