Maintaining a lustrous, beautiful and healthy lawn can become a bit of a chore, as it takes a lot of time and effort to get positive results.
Traditional lawnmowers require your time and effort to have the lawn in perfect condition, but with the arrival of automatic robotic lawnmowers on the market , taking care of your garden is no longer a problem. You can keep your home garden in perfect condition while this automatic lawn mowing robot does the work for you.
5 Best Robotic Lawn Mower For Garden - 2021
When you want to buy the best automatic lawn mower for your garden , the last thing you want is to spend hours looking for information.
These types of autonomous lawnmowers are not exactly cheap, so making a good choice is crucial.
We do it for you and we look for and analyze the best lawnmower models on the market, so you don’t waste your time and go straight to the point.
Redback MowRo RM24
This lawn mowing robot is very quiet and easy to use, the best thing is that it has a very friendly navigation menu that allows the user to adjust the cutting time and the scrolling area.
The owner does not need to be supervising the robot’s work.
On the other hand, the cutting height can be modified and can be used regardless of the weather, whether it is sunny or rainy.
- Waterproofso you can cut in the rain.
- The automatic mower compoststhe grass it cuts.
- Ideal for surfaces up to 300m2 with up to 35% incline.
- Reduced loading timeof 60 minutes.
- With Silent Driveto reduce noise emission.
- Includes stakes, perimeter wire, and replacement blades.
- Do not trim around the edges.
- This robotic lawnmower has no sensor to detect obstacles.
WORX WR150 Landroid L
The Worx automatic lawn mower has a compact design that allows you to cut in narrow and difficult to access areas , you can also modify the cutting height from 3 to 6 cm in an interval of 4 levels.
It is designed to work on surfaces of about 700 m2 and can cut on terrain with a 35% incline. It is very easy to adjust the work schedule and avoid obstacles.
- It has an anti-theft systemthat is activated through the App.
- With digital displayfor programming.
- It is resistant to rain.
- Easy calculation of the cutting area, just walking the area with the Smartphone in hand.
- Automaticfirmware update with Wifi.
- Mulching system. Excellent cut thanks to its 3 blades.
- The configuration must be done carefully, if done wrong the robot will not travel the entire garden.
- Long charging time of 180 minutes.
If you want a cheap but effective robotic lawnmower, we recommend this Yard Force which has an incredible bargain price, and can also work on large areas of land of up to 900 m2.
It works with 3 cutting blades , it has 5 cutting levels ranging from 20 mm to 60 mm and the width is 180 mm.
- With different sensors against obstacles, rain and inclination.
- The battery lasts for about 80 minutesof continuous work.
- The charging time is short, only 90 minutes.
- It returns to the charging base automaticallywhen it is running out of battery.
- With security PIN code and anti-theft alarm.
- It is a very quiet autonomous lawnmower.
- The plastic housing can be somewhat flimsy.
- Limiting cable of only 120 meters.
Husqvarna Automower 450X
McCulloch has this excellent automatic mowing option with Bluetooth connection that makes smart cuts throughout your garden, leaving a thin layer of cut grass that works perfectly as a natural compost.
This mode avoids the tedious task of having to empty the collection bag of vegetable waste.
The security system against theft is very effective in this robotic lawnmower because the security PIN must be entered so that it can be activated.
It is also self-charging, that is, it returns to the base when the battery is running low.
- With several cutting programs included.
- It has day and night modes that can be switched easily.
- The ROB applicationallows the user to control it from the Smartphone.
- Reduced loading timeof 60 minutes.
- It can be cleaned with the hosewithout endangering the equipment.
- Cutting height adjustment between 20 and 50 mm.
- It is recommended for moderate terrain of 400 m2.
Husqvarna Automower 310
For people who have large areas of land, this Husqvarna robotic lawnmower will work perfectly, which is capable of working in areas of approximately 1000 m2.
The price of this husqvarna robotic lawnmower is a little higher, however, the equipment has excellent features such as smartphone operation or the anti-tip system .
- Work in the rain and mow dry or wet grass.
- With random scrolling patternto occupy all spaces.
- Produces a super fine mulch of a few millimeters.
- Security via PIN code and alarm.
- 9 extra cutting blades.
- Ideal for corridors or narrow areas.
- Robot mower with higher price.
Main Advantages of Robot Lawn Mowers
If you are one of those people who like to enjoy their free time and want to save a dough on gardeners, without having to give up having a beautiful lawn, a cheap robotic lawnmower is just what you need. Next we will go on to detail the many advantages and qualities that these automatic mowers have. What are you waiting to meet them?
- The main advantage is time savings . You can dedicate yourself to other tasks while this device cuts the lawn for you fully automatically.
- These robots are completely independent . They work with lithium ion batteries and when they notice that they have the battery at a low level, they alone go to the charging base to recharge and will continue the task where they left off.
- They are fully programmable , so you can choose the hours of operation you prefer and even the times of the year that you want the cuts to be more continuous, so you can always have your lawn ready.
- They are quite silent and their consumption is less than that of a conventional lawn mower.
- It is not necessary to collect the clippings, since it cuts the lawn into very fine blades of grass that are scattered throughout the ground without you barely noticing it, creating the well-known mulching effect.
- They are very easy to use , some even come with a mobile app. You will only have to program them the first day according to his instructions and thanks to his sensors, he will only make measurements of the ground and will go out to cut the grass regularly, which will make your garden always beautiful and healthy with a more lustrous green.
- They are small and light , so you can store them in any storage room or corner of your garden.
- They are safe for your children and pets , since they have a security system that detects when they turn over, stopping the blades automatically to avoid any accident.
- They have anti-theft systems with a pin key, to make it difficult for thieves in the area.
What model to choose? Aspects to consider
Having a robotic lawnmower is the dream of any gardening lover, but the number of models and prices on the market can make you hesitate when buying one. In the lawnmower.org we help you so that you know what you have to take into account before buying a robotic lawnmower.
- The first thing to look at is the dimensions of your garden . Each model of robotic lawnmower specifies a maximum recommended dimensions for which it is manufactured.
- The same happens with the characteristics of the terrain , since each robot has a specified maximum inclination that it supports and you must ensure that they will not have problems if your garden has very inclined areas.
- One of the first things that you should take into account when getting an automatic mower is the width of the cut , since this will determine the time it will take to cut the grass and the number of passes it will have to make.
- Choose the right power . You must choose the appropriate power for the dimensions and characteristics of your terrain.
- Look at its characteristics for the maximum cutting height , especially for the first cut, since if the grass is too long you may have to cut it first with a traditional lawn mower.
Tips for using and maintaining a Robot Lawn Mower
Robotic lawnmowers are not cheap tools, their price can be somewhat high, so we recommend that you follow the maintenance instructions recommended by each manufacturer to prolong the life of your autonomous robotic lawnmower as much as possible.
Basically you have to know the following aspects:
- Change the blades once or twice a year depending on the manufacturer.
- Clean your robot regularly to avoid jams and breakdowns.
- Although many brands advertise that they can work in rainy or wet conditions, it is not highly recommended that they do so, as they can create fungi that will affect their performance over time.
Is the installation difficult?
The installation of these automatic lawnmowers can be a bit cumbersome, so if you are not a person who is used to dealing with technological devices, we recommend that you call a professional to ensure correct installation.
Installing a robotic lawnmower
If you have decided to install it yourself, this is, roughly, what you should know:
- You should place the charging base in a flat and unobstructed area at ground level so that the robot can recharge itself.
- Secondly, you must place a buried perimeter cable around the entire area where the cut will be made , and for the obstacles that you have to avoid such as trees or ponds. In this way the robot will make a map of your garden that will remain in its memory. If you ever change house or new obstacles appear, such as a swimming pool, you will have to make a new map of the area.
- Finally, you must make your first operating configuration according to the manufacturer’s instructions for use, to program the hours and days of cutting.
With all this you will have your robot ready to go!
How does a robotic lawnmower collect grass?
There are many people who ask this question, or maybe they think they will have to empty the robot every 20 minutes. None of that, the robotic lawnmowers cut the grass with a system called mulching effect, which basically what it does is cut very fine grass and spread it around the garden.
So robotic lawnmowers don’t collect grass, they don’t have a collection bag like electric or gasoline lawnmowers. This system is much better, since not only will you save yourself the work of having to throw the grass, but also the grass will be much better nourished and healthy.
There are also traditional mowers that cut the grass with a mulching effect, but you will still have to cut it yourself, so it can be said that these gadgets win by a landslide.
What is the mulching effect?
The robotic lawnmowers do not have a collection tray that traps the cut grass, since they are completely automatic machines, and if this were not the case, it would be necessary to empty it of grass after each mowing and it would lose one of its greatest advantages.
This type of robot has a system called “Mulching”, which is nothing more than blades and a blowing system that cuts and shreds the grass into very fine blades of grass , so that the clippings are evenly spread across the grass.
What is achieved with Mulching, is a natural fertilizer. By trimming and shredding the grass so fine, it helps it decompose very quickly and in this way acts as natural compost for the rest of the lawn , nourishing and feeding it so that it has a healthier appearance.
Keep in mind that if the lawn is very long, the shredded grass can become caked and not be spread evenly, thus causing the opposite effect and damaging the garden instead of helping it. To avoid this, it is enough that the mowings are regular, without letting the grass grow too long.