Our list of the best lawn mowers for elderly will help you make the right decision, whether you’re a senior looking for a new easy-to-use lawn mower or a loved one looking for a mower to keep the senior in your life active and independent.
Lots of hours equalizing the cutting height so it’s perfect if you’re still mowing by hand. Problematic ignition, spoiled fuel that no longer works and the smell of gasoline throughout the garden if you do it with a gasoline lawn mower.
Perhaps it is time to rely on the power of the battery and the lightness of driving an electric lawn mower. It is no longer just a matter of time saved, but of better maneuverability and cost savings and considerable maintenance . And all this respecting the environment. It seems like a safe option, doesn’t it?
Let us tell you it is, but selecting the Best Lawn Mower For Elderly is not easy. The Comprarlasmejores.com team has analyzed the Best Lawn Mower For Elderly of 2021 and has written a buying guide with tips that you should read if you want to buy a powerful model adapted to you and your garden.
Our Editor's Choice - 10 Best Lawn Mower For Elderly
10 Best Lawn Mower For Elderly [ Updated 2021]
Individuals of all ages benefit from being involved and going outside. It is important to preserve our activity levels, mobility, and independence as we approach a couple of extra birthdays.
Working in the yard and planting are perfect ways to get some fresh air and exercise while staying close to home. Maintaining and mowing your lawn can be a fun and healthy activity with the right equipment.
When looking for the Best Lawn Mower For Elderly that is suitable for the elderly, there are a few main features to look for that will make it easy to use and safe to mow. The following are some of the most important aspects to consider:
- Gas vs Electric
- Self propelled vs push mower
EGO 20 in. (Brushless) Steel Deck Walk
With an axial regulation of cutting height of 5 levels – much more than any of the competition -, you can preselect the cutting height easily, leaving your grass of desired length. The large 38-liter collection bag allows for extensive finishing and with the level indicator you will know for sure when to stop the process.
The practical carrying handle makes it very friendly when transporting it and its way of storing makes you have this tool in a small space. Einhell offers unrivaled benefits for amateur and professional gardeners. Search Amazon for today’s offer and decide which product to buy .
What do other buyers think?
“I bought to give it to my partner and my husband is delighted to the use. Every week for two short hours the grass, is passionate about the garden, and has served as an assistant in the maintenance, does not remove much space the house and I have paid a reasonable price for its functions. We are very happy for the purchase as it is the best electric lawn mower on the market . “
- Provides power on demand
- Has a compact design that is ideal for small spaces
- Is cost-effective
- Does not need gas
- It’s a little more difficult to change the height
- It’s not suitable for a large yard
Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16'' Cordless
For gardeners who are starting, Einhell brings this model with professional finishes, so from now on you can work like an expert. Three levels of cut for an ideal care of the grass and a collection box sufficient for spaces of 250m2, this is the ideal Best Lawn Mower For Elderly for your garden .
The built-in handle allows ergonomic portability and in turn contributes to folding the handle and all equipment for comfortable storage. Are you short on space? Feel free to buy this tool in the size you need. In addition, its price is hardly exceeded by another brand , check it on Amazon, where buying is very easy.
What do other buyers think?
“For the little space in my garden it has been great. It arrived in good weather, I set it up easy and cut grass grown by the rain and it has done it with power. Definitely, for small gardens it is comfortable to work and efficient. I totally recommend it. The instructions in Spanish are not much needed because it is really simple to assemble. One of the best quality price electric mowers. “
- Will last a long time
- Is quiet when in use
- Is very light to maneuver
- The battery lasts a long time
- Is simple to use and assemble
- Bad packaging
- Does not fit well on wet grass
Sun Joe 24V-X2-17LM 48-Volt 17
If you really want the Best Lawn Mower For Elderly , this is the one for you. Manufactured with the highest quality materials, to offer durability and precision in use. It has one of the most powerful engines on the market in the comparison I made . It can cut tall and even wet grass with 6 cutting heights.
For both portability and storage, it comes in lightweight and compact designs, the handles fold flat to minimize storage space and the box can also be removed for storage elsewhere. Buying it on Amazon is already an advantage for the price and the convenience of shipping.
What do other buyers think?
“It is the first one that I buy and I chose it because it seemed appropriate for the size of my garden, which is not that big but deserves weekly maintenance. It arrived on time, it is very easy to assemble and very powerful , so the work was too short for me. “
- Included powerful engine
- Very lightweight for maneuverability
- Simple to use and assemble
- Backrest provides additional comfort
- The shell material is a little flimsy
- The price is high
Lawn-Boy 17732 21-Inch
Bicycle-style handles with rubberized grips make the difference in this three-level electric mower. A fun, because mowing the lawn will be like riding bicycles. The Best Lawn Mower For Elderly of 2021 .
Its large button with Easy Star technology , for easy starting, makes ignition a very intuitive and easy action. A sum of ergonomics and technology gives ease in the process of cutting and protecting the machine. The incredible price , only Amazon could have something like that. The best in quality price.
What do other buyers think?
“I liked it when I cut the grass in the garden. What bothers a bit is for the transfer because the handle is a bit low, outside of that it is for 4 stars. Firm in the cut and power in the engine despite being electric, silent and comfortable. I didn’t know how to choose , but I opted for this one and I don’t regret it “
- Compact and lightweight design
- Simple to use
- Quiet when mowing
- Built to last a long time
- The cord can be distracting at times;
- It is insufficiently powerful for wide-bladed grass.
Toro Smrt Stow Sp Mwr22"
This electric lawn mower for medium to large gardens is recommended for surfaces up to 700m2. Its special high wheels for difficult terrain. On the other hand, it brings 6 levels of cut and a box with integrated indicator, makes this device a complete all-terrain model.
For convenient storage, it has a folding guide rail and an integrated handle for transport. All for a modest and unbeatable price on Amazon . Eingell has models for all audiences, even with difficult terrain to cover, the characteristics of this make it one of the Best Lawn Mower For Elderly .
What do other buyers think?
I have decided on this model because I am based on the opinions about durability and those of us who have large areas of garden make long-term investments. I tried it on arrival and it behaved wonderfully, my use is frequent, so it required a machine solid and I have achieved it. I am satisfied and I recommend it. “
The self-propelled feature will save a ton of energy
- Made of durable steel
- Includes 2 lion batteries
- Power changes automatically
- Cordless design is more convenient
- It has a hefty price tag.
Buying guide: which electric lawn mower to buy?
In order for the lawn in your garden to always look green, healthy and attractive, you should mow it frequently. If you are here, you have already passed the barrier of choosing the best type of lawnmower for you and have come to the conclusion that you are going to buy an electric one because you already know that it is the best option:
- If the grass on your plot is relatively normal, that is, not too dense or difficult to cut.
- If you plan to use the electric lawnmower regularly and not intensively.
- If your yard has electrical outlets, you have easy access to an indoor outlet or generator and you don’t mind having to remember to charge the batteries in your electric lawn mower.
- If you are looking for a semi-professional range lawn mower that is light, very easy to use by any member of the family, without the need for maintenance and that allows you to cut the lawn without complications for a very adequate price.
Now you need to know how to choose the best and then you can find that information:
What is an electric lawn mower?
An electric lawn mower is a motorized machine that is used to cut the grass of small or medium gardens that do not require great powers. This machine has an electric motor installed that is responsible for moving the vertical axis rotary blade that the cutter is located at the bottom. It can be purchased with a rechargeable battery to be used without cables and self-propelled so you don’t even have to push it.
Now do you understand why they have become a trend among gardeners? Well there are more reasons, read on.
Advantages of using an electric grass cutting machine
These garden tools make life easier for us by saving time and money when cutting the lawn, which, let’s be clear, is not a task that is done once a year, but rather it is something periodic. There are many types of cutters, but electric ones have many benefits over the rest:
- Lightweight: This machine is usually very light and weighs less than 8 kg. It does not have any gas tank that we have to push.
- Noise: they are quieter than gasoline. Proven.
- Economic: it is cheaper than a gasoline one, but it also has a lower power, so this is not a feature that you should take too much into account if you are going to mow a large garden.
- They respect the environment: they are more respectful than those with a gasoline engine.
- Easy maintenance. When you finish using it, you save it until the next time.
How to use an electric lawn mower?
Here’s how to properly use a lawn mower in five easy steps:
- Find a plug: The first thing you should do is start it up and, to do this, you will have to plug the cord of the mower into the power outlet. If it has a rechargeable battery you can use it wirelessly, as long as the battery is charged.
- Recharge the battery: Many lawnmowers come with rechargeable batteries, so you must put it to charge for the indicated time specified in the manual before using it.
- Lever: Mowers have a power lever or button that you just have to press to start easily and safely.
- Time: Respect the starting time indicated by the manufacturer in the manual. Some machines take a few seconds for the engine to be ready to start.
- Push: After you have started the engine and the machine has been adjusted, all you have to do is push it through the area where you want to cut the grass. Or just direct it, if it is a self-propelled mower.
Best brands of electric lawn mowers
Electric lawn mowers are an excellent option to maintain your garden well-kept and a perfect and homogeneous cutting height in your lawn.
In addition, they do not require fuel nor do they produce toxic gases, so they are totally respectful with the environment. And all this in the shortest possible time, saving you even the effort of pushing if you opt for a self-propelled model.
Now we need to know which are the best electric lawn mower brands and we have selected three: Einhell. Black and Decker and Bosch.
- Einhell lawn mower – This German line, very solid in the production of tools for gardening, is a leader in electric lawn mowers for all types of terrain, from small gardens to large farms because it has a solution for each specialty.
- Black and Decker Lawn Mower -The most intelligent model on the market, cordless and with AUTOSENSE technology. This brand is not far behind in offering cutting-edge technology for cuts of different levels. Its typical rubberized grips give the operator the maximum level of comfort. It’s definitely one of the best gardening tool brands and it has plenty of lawn mowers to choose from.
- Bosch Lawn Mower – This company knows what it takes to make efficient and safe tools. It offers an electric and a manual mower model, so it does not have a great variety, but it does guarantee quality with a wide guarantee of both.
Where to buy an electric lawn mower?
Hardware stores and stores with a gardening section have the best brands and models of lawnmowers available.
However, going there and going crazy with what the commercial says, what you think and what your son and your wife think ends up being a headache, so you can buy an electric lawn mower online in any of these stores and save you the little scene:
- Electric lawn mower at Amazon : At El Gigante you will find the widest variety of models and brands, as well as the best deals. Be careful to buy an unknown brand lawnmower that then does not have spare parts available or things like that. Read the opinions of buyers and look at the evaluations when buying in this and any other marketplace.
- Electric lawn mower at Carrefour: In this online store you can find different brands, but it does not have a wide repertoire of innovative models. If you want something simple and very inexpensive, perhaps it is the best store to consider after Amazon.
- Electric lawn mower in Aki: They have a small catalog of lawn mowers, but it is not their star tool for the garden, so do not expect to find a great variety.
- Electric lawn mower at BricoDepot: they have a reduced catalog, but perhaps you will find the bargain of the century without expecting it. It is what you have to buy in Bricodepot, that you need luck to find what you need at the ideal time.
Frequently asked questions from our readers: Best Lawn Mower For Elderly
Some of the common questions that are repeated among those interested in buying an electric lawn mower are the following:
Do battery mowers really cut well?
Yes, the maintenance and care of your garden is assured, although they will generally have less power than a gasoline lawn mower.
That is why you have to know how to select a good model, like those analyzed on this page.
What is the autonomy of a cordless mower?
Wireless models that include rechargeable batteries usually charge in just one hour and have a range of about half an hour.
Plus, extra batteries can be purchased, so you can extend their cordless usage time as much as you want.
Is it better than a gasoline one?
We have already talked about its advantages, but regarding the gasoline lawn mower we have it even clearer:
- Less emissions to the atmosphere.
- Easier to start.
- Easier and cheaper to maintain.
- Lower price of the product.
Tips for choosing a good electric lawn mower
The electric lawnmower you should buy has to be the one whose brand guarantees you the best guarantee, long-term operation and easy access to spare parts and accessories. However, it is not the only thing to consider and here we show you other factors that you should take into account before purchasing one of these machines:
- We recommend that you read comments from other buyers about the use in areas not very prone to mowing: slopes, edges or spaces near walls. There are models with special wide wheels for difficult terrain, so assess the terrain where you are going to use your mower and take this problem into account or you will have to buy a trimmer and that means an extra expense.
- Mower power: Acquiring a machine with little power that causes problems in certain areas of your garden and makes you lose more time than necessary is not a good idea. You need decent value for money and you can find good 1000, 1200 and even 1700W machines.
- Grass collection basket: There are models of electric lawn mowers that have a grass collection box that will do the collection in an automated way, saving you time and effort.
- Manufacturing materials: We recommend that you look at the cutting deck, as there are mowers made of many different materials. A high-quality plastic or ABS plastic machine will be perfect for its robustness, resistance to water and scratches.
- Ergonomics and driving: choose a mower with a comfortable and ergonomic handle that facilitates driving and wheels that allow good turns. And that it is light and does not weigh too much.
- Self-propelled: Most of this equipment can be purchased self-propelled. This means that when you manipulate it, you don’t need to push the machine, just steer it. The larger the size of the area to be pruned, the more significant this factor will be, which is almost essential if the garden is more than 300 m2.
- With or without cable: There are models that are powered by cable and others more expensive that are cordless and work with rechargeable batteries. The corded mower is cumbersome and limiting, more intended for really small areas. On the other hand, the battery models continue to improve and already have autonomies that exceed 30 minutes, so for a garden of less than 250 m2 it is more than enough, or you can even buy an extra battery to extend the autonomy 30 more minutes.
How much money should I spend on an electric lawn mower?
Power, range and performance are the key factors that make some machines more expensive than others. If we are talking about a medium-sized garden and you want to cut quickly and accurately, we recommend buying a quality lawnmower that can cost from 100 euros:
- Cheap electric lawn mowers (less than \$ 100):they correspond to the low power range (less than 1000W) but they do their job effectively in small gardens.
- Higher quality Electric Lawn Mowers (more than \$ 100):it cannot be generalized, but they are usually the models with the highest power and manufacturing quality and that, dear friend, pays for it. If you are looking for a powerful team you will have to invest more than 100 euros.
FAQ - Best Lawn Mower For Elderly
What is the best lawn mower for a woman to use?
I would suggest the Greenworks 16-inch battery-powered mower or the Sun Joe 14-inch MJ401E corded mower if you have a small lawn. These two mowers are both lightweight and extremely maneuverable. With these mowers, you’ll be able to get into those hard-to-reach places with ease.
What riding lawn mowers are yellow?
Only John Deere uses the green and yellow color scheme. Cub Cadet, which previously had a yellow and white color scheme, now has only yellow. When someone is mowing his or her field or grounds, both of these brands are easily identifiable from a distance.
Where do you keep your lawn mower?
A lawn mower can always be stored indoors, such as in your garage or, if you don’t have one, in a storage unit. This will keep your mower absolutely dry and out of the way of the wind and freezing temperatures.
Are high wheel lawn mowers better?
Ruts, grooves, depressions, and rolling terrain are ideally suited to larger diameter wheels. Since the greater width is more likely to span rough terrain, the lawn is less likely to be damaged when mowing.
What is the best month to buy a lawn mower?
According to Consumer Reports, the best months to buy a lawn mower are April, May, August, September, and October. One common belief is that the best time to buy a mower is right after the mowing season is over.
Is John Deere better than Husqvarna?
In the end, the Husqvarna has a larger cutting deck and more horsepower for the same price, but it will cost you much more in the long run. The same-sized John Deere lawn tractor – the John Deere D140-48 – would cost $100 more, but it would be much more reliable and have lower maintenance costs.
Are lawn mower prices negotiable?
At the big box stores, you might be able to get minor discounts, but their prices are more set in stone…. In terms of savings, if you pay in cash, you can generally get a discount (typically 3 percent which is what the credit card companies charge on average). Since the margins are so thin, there isn’t much space for haggling.
How many cc is good for a lawn mower?
Engine sizes for walk-mowers vary from 140 to 190 cc. For difficult cutting conditions like tall and wet grass, bagging, leaf mulching, or maintenance mowing where you’re cutting down weeds, go for a larger engine. There are four different models of engines available for walk mowers right now.
How do I pick the best lawn mower?
To get your lawn work finished easily, look for a mower with at least 14-16 horsepower and a big mowing deck – at least 38 inches. A larger zero-turn rider or a garden tractor are suitable for yards larger than three acres. Look for models with engines that are at least 18 horsepower and mowing decks that are between 44 and 54 inches long.
Which is better front or rear wheel drive lawn mowers?
Mowers with front-wheel drive are ideal for flat terrain. Since the drive wheels are in front, you can tip the mower up and turn it more quickly than for other drive systems. RWD provides more traction in the mower’s middle, making it easier to mow hilly terrain.
What is the advantage of high wheel lawn mower?
To fit the larger diameter of the rear wheels, manufacturers of high-wheeled mowers move the engine (or motor, in the case of electric models) forward. This makes it noticeably more difficult to tip the mower back for spinning, something you do often. Mowing them takes more time, not less.
What happens if you leave gas in lawnmower over winter?
Over the winter, unused gas in a mower will become stale, clogging the carburetor and inviting rust. To spread the fuel stabilizer in the machine, first add it to the tank and then run the mower. Restart the mower and run it until it dies; do this until the engine stops starting and the fuel lines are clean.
Where should I store my lawn mower if I don’t have a garage?
A storage shed is a great way to keep your lawn mower out of the elements while also freeing up space in your garage or basement. Storage sheds are available in a variety of designs and sizes to accommodate a variety of needs and budgets.
Where can I put my lawn mower if I don’t shed?
With a cover over it, I’d place it on or near my back porch. I believe that a cheap grill cover from your local home improvement store will suffice. Put some plastic or a tarp underneath it, too. Stop it from absorbing moisture from the earth.
Are Honda lawn mower engines better than Briggs and Stratton?
Honda makes excellent engines, but they are more expensive on mowers with them, especially Honda mowers. Briggs and Stratton engines are usually less expensive, but they are still reliable. Consumers should maintain them so that they last as long as a lawn mower.
Which lawn mower has the greatest suction power?
The HI VAC® Mower Deck with its vacuum-like suction easily cuts and bags your lawn, making it a perfect mower for bagging fans. HI VAC Walk Mowers have an ultra-clean finish to your lawn.
Final Talk - Best Lawn Mower For Elderly
When buying a lawnmower for the elderly, there are a few items to remember. The most critical things are often the budget and one’s wellbeing. In general, a cordless electric lawnmower could be a better option for seniors because they have less power and are more likely to fall.
We looked at the best lawnmowers for seniors on the market, and you can choose your choice based on your needs.