Thanks to the lawnmower, we can keep the grass in our garden in good condition, a task that would be almost impossible to do without this great tool.
There are all types of lawnmowers, from manual, electric, gasoline and the latest of the latest, latest generation robotic lawnmower models, which cut the lawn without having to do anything at all, while we can perform another task or rest peacefully. .
10 Best Electric Start Lawn Mower-2020 Reviews
Einhell GC-EM 1030/1 Electric Lawn Mower
The Einhell GC-EM lawnmower is ideal for pruning a garden of about 300 m2, due to its engine power and above all because, if we have a large garden, it is more convenient to use a gasoline lawnmower, which offers greater independence of movements .
It is very comfortable to use, even with a tall lawn, the cutting width is 30 centimeters and it has three cutting heights, between 25 mm and 60 mm in height. The adjustment is made by lowering or raising the height of the mower wheels.
The capacity of the catch box is 25 liters, so it is not necessary to change very frequently, making the work of mowing the lawn does not take forever.
It offers a power of 1,000 watts,more than acceptable, with a maximum of 3,600 RPM, for more precise cuts.
The handle is foldable, so it takes up less space when not in use.
- Traction: electric
- Power: 1,000 watts.
- Cutting speed: 3,600 RPM
- Cutting height adjustment: Yes, three positions
- Cutting width: 30 centimeters
- Collection volume: 25 liters
- Dimensions: 59 cm long, 38 cm wide x 28.5 cm high
- Weight: 9.4 Kg
Einhell Lawn Mower Buyers’ Opinions
The truth is that for the price, I did not expect this mower to give me such a good result.
It is small, but it is very powerful. I am using it in a 60 m2 garden and it works perfectly.
I think that for the size of my garden, it is not necessary to spend more.
Bosch ARM 32 Electric Lawn Mower
Like the Einhell GC-EM lawnmower , the Bosch lawnmower is a garden tool for small to medium- sized spaces , where it is more practical and cheaper to use an electric lawnmower than a gasoline one.
It has a fairly powerful motor for its size, 1,200 watts and a torque of 13 Nm . The cutting width is 32 centimeters.
You will not need to do many touch-ups to your lawn, once you have passed the Bosch mower, since it adjusts very well to walls or curbs, thanks to an exclusive grass comb.
To avoid having to collect plant debris throughout the garden, the airflow is improved to collect 99% of what is cut.
The collector box has a capacity of 31 liters, which avoids having to take many walks while we mow the lawn.
And all with a very light weight of 6.8 Kg.
Technical characteristics of the Bosch electric mower
- Traction: electric
- Power: 1,200 watts. 13 Nm
- Cutting height adjustment: Yes, three positions, from 20 mm to 60 mm.
- Cutting width: 32 centimeters
- Collection volume: 31 liters
- Dimensions: 60 cm long, 40 cm wide x 60 cm high total
- Weight: 6.8 Kg
Opinions of buyers of the Bosch ARM 32 lawn mower
It fulfills its function very well, capable of cutting any type of grass in a small garden.
It is powerful, makes clean cuts and leaves hardly any residue on the ground.
For its price and the result it gives, it is the best option for me, since with a lawn mixed with herbs of all kinds, once mowed the lawn looks like a carpet.
Tacklife GLM11B Lawn Mower
Tacklife incorporates a brushless, brushless motor in this mower : less problems, less noise, less wear and tear and a longer useful life.
It has a power that is great for the size, 1,300 watts, with 3,600 RPM at idle, for a higher quality of the cut.
The design is very successful, with three different handle height positions for: people of medium, tall, short stature …
System with push-pull lever for easy assembly and disassembly, which allows it to be folded for easy storage in any shed.
As for the quality of the lawn mowing, it is guaranteed. It has a hardened steel blade, withfive different height positions, from 35mm to 75mm. The capacity of the bag is 40 liters, greater than in previous lawnmowers.
Technical characteristics of the Tacklife electric lawn mower
- Traction: electric
- Power: 1,300 watts.
- Cutting speed: 3,600 RPM
- Cutting height adjustment: five positions, from 35 mm to 75 mm. The wheels are 17 cm high, while on the other mowers they were 14 cm.
- Cutting width: 33 centimeters
- Collection volume: 40 liters
- Weight: 8 Kg
- Double safety switch
Tacklife Electric Lawn Mower Buyers’ Opinions
It is very light, as well as robust and comfortable to work with. Adjusting the cut in height is very simple, with a small lever located on the front wheels you adjust the cut level.
I found it original that I have several options with the cut grass. You can collect it or you can also leave it on the heavily shredded grass, to serve as compost.
It is quick to assemble and disassemble.
Einhel GC-HM 40 manual lawn mower
Little can be said about a walk-behind mower except that if we don’t push it, the lawn won’t mow itself.
Although it is recommended for gardens of up to 250 square meters, I would not think of buying this mower with a garden of this size.
It is ideal for very small gardens of 25 m2 or less, where it is not worth using an electric one.
It has a cutting width of 40 centimeters, with four levels of height adjustment. The mowed grass falls into a practical bag with a 27 liter capacity.
The advantage of this mower is that its durability is eternal … it is very rare that it breaks down.
It is quite light, it only weighs 7.2 Kg, but it is not the same as in an electric one that you only have to push, here you also have to force yourself to cut the grass.
Technical characteristics of the Einhell helical mower
- Traction: manual
- Cutting height regulation: four levels
- Cutting width: 40 centimeters
- Collection volume: 27 liters
- Dimensions: 57 cm long, 35 cm wide x 23.8 cm high
- Weight: 7.24 Kg
Buyers’ opinions of the Einhell GC-HM 40 manual lawn mower
Assembly is simple and height adjustment is accessible.
It gives some problems with very tall grass, but it meets solvency: simple and effective.
Although the bag collects a lot, there are remains on the floor.
Greencut GLM690SX gasoline lawn mower
This Greencut model is a self-propelled gasoline lawn mower . It is the ideal lawnmower for medium-sized gardens . The great advantage that gasoline has is independence, you can be cutting in a garden with many square meters, with trees or in the middle of the field, without any problem … with an electric lawnmower it would be impossible.
It has a 4-stroke engine with electronic ignition and air-cooled, giving 5 hp of power and 3,000 RPM. It has rear-wheel drive and is self-propelled (optional in handling), we don’t have to push it through the garden, the effort to cut the grass is zero.
Uses 95 octane unleaded gasoline. The tank has a capacity of 1.2 liters.
The cutting width is 40.7 centimeters, with 7 cutting height positions, between 25 mm and 75 mm.
You have two options for mowed grass, send it to the 45-liter collection bag or eject it directly, with its rear outlet.
Technical characteristics of the Greencut mulching mower
- Drive: gasoline
- Power: 5 hp, four-stroke gasoline engine
- Cutting speed: 3,000 RPM
- Cutting height adjustment: seven positions
- Cutting width: 40.7 centimeters
- Collection volume: 45 liters
- Dimensions: 52 cm long, 44 cm wide x 71 cm high
- Weight: 23 Kg
Greencut petrol lawn mower buyers’ opinions
It comes partially assembled, it only takes about half an hour to assemble the rest, adjust and start up. Good finishes.
The ignition is fast, without problems. In terms of traction, it is a self-propelled mower that works well on flat ground or gentle slopes, but you have to switch to manual when you have decorations in the garden.
For gasoline I find it quiet.
Best Manual Lawn Mower: Gardena 4027-20
Whenever I have to decide which is the best tool in a category … I end up with a headache.
In this case, both the Gardena lawnmower and the Einhell manual lawnmower could be considered the best hand mowers.
I have decided on the Gardena 4027-20 manual lawn mower , because it is the one that offers the highest degree of satisfaction to users.
It uses a frictionless cutting system thanks to its non-stick cutting cylinder and a lower blade, which guarantee a clean and precise cut.
It is provided with large wheels, designed for easy , effortless handling .
They have four different cutting heights, to leave the grass at the height that we like the most.
Best Electric Lawn Mower: Einhell GC-EM 1743
The first thing that draws attention to the short grass Einhell GC-MS 1743 is its power, 1,700 W . A power far above the average electric lawn mower on the market, and that provides much cleaner and more uniform cuts, even in gardens where the grass is mixed with other much harder grasses.
Its cutting width is also important, 43 cm. With this width of cut what we make sure is to finish mowing the lawn much earlier than with other models, with smaller cutting widths.
Another detail to consider is the regulation of the cutting height, which goes from 20 mm to 70 mm , with 6 different positions. Specially designed for those most picky about the height of the lawn.
And finally, it only weighs 14 kg, which makes it a really handy mower… Its price? I invite you to be surprised:
Best Gasoline Lawn Mower: Murray EQ400
Murray EQ400 – Petrol manual lawn mower of …
The Murray EQ400 gasoline lawn mower is powered by a Briggs & Stratton lawn mower engine, one of the best American gasoline engines on the market, designed to have low fuel consumption and very low CO2 emissions.
This mower is packed with great details, like putting cut grass into your collection bag or mulching your lawn.
The handlebar can be adjusted in 3 different positions, to make it much more comfortable to wear.
The blades allow a 48 cm wide cut, adjustable in 6 different height positions, from 28 mm to 92 mm. Height measurements that no electric lawnmower can handle.
Best robotic lawnmower: McCulloch’s Rob R1000
McCulloch 00096-70.598.25 ROB R1000 Robot …
This model of automatic lawnmower is indicated for surfaces of 1,000 m2 , with a margin of + – 20% of surface.
The McCulloch robotic lawnmower is capable of mowing gardens with an incline of up to 25% without any problem.
The functions of the robot are operated from the mower itself. You can tell him the hours of the day you want him to mow, and he will do it even if it’s raining.
It is designed to make random cuts, with the intention that, whatever the shape of the garden, it ends up reaching any corner.
If it is not marked with the Perimeter Wire, it will bump into whatever object it encounters, turn, and change direction.
Buying a second hand mower
An option to buy a good lawnmower, without spending a lot of money is to opt for a used lawnmower.
In these cases, it is always best to buy certified quality tools, which have passed certain quality controls.
My recommendation is that you buy your used gasoline, electric or second-hand lawn mower on Amazon , in their used items section.
If you follow the following link, you will access the best selection of used lawnmowers on Amazon:
How to choose a lawnmower? Types of lawnmower
If you have no idea what types of lawnmowers exist, hold on, there are six different types of lawnmowers, designed to serve all types of gardens, demands and budget:
Obviously, they are a lawn mower that does not have any type of motor, we are the ones who have to make all the physical effort.
They are indicated for gardens that do not exceed 100 m2. They are also very useful as an auxiliary mower, for those places where a larger mower cannot access.
Electric Corded Mower
They are light and handy, as well as cheaper than gasoline. If we choose a self-propelled model, we will have almost no effort.
Its maintenance is very basic, just controlling the blades is enough. They are suitable for gardens between 100 m2 and 500 m2.
The biggest handicap is that they have to have a nearby outlet, limiting their autonomy.
They offer greater independence than the previous ones, since we avoid having to have a plug nearby for them to work.
They are very light, handy devices and, like plug-in electric devices, do not require exhaustive maintenance.
When choosing this type of mower, the type of battery should come first. Lithium batteries charge much faster than traditional nickel cadmium batteries, with another added benefit, they do not need to be fully discharged to recharge.
They are the revolution in lawn maintenance. They can be programmed and are completely autonomous, so that having a lawn in the garden is no longer a heavy burden to maintain.
They are designed to overcome any obstacle on the ground or that can be found in the garden, they are able to recognize their charging base, to which they return to recharge once the task is finished.
They have an autonomy equivalent to that of mowing 200 m2 of garden.
They are ideal to always have a perfect lawn, since cutting the lawn is no longer an effort and can be cut more often.
They are very powerful mowers, suitable for large gardens that require a lot of maintenance.
The great advantage over electric lawnmowers is their autonomy. Like the electric ones there are self-propelled models, which do not need a great effort on our part.
They are indicated for gardens of more than 500m2, in which the work would be very heavy to carry out with any of the normal electric or gasoline models.
The great advantage is that the work is done sitting down , there is no great physical effort on our part.
What lawnmower to buy?
To determine which lawnmower we are interested in choosing, the first thing we must analyze is the surface of the lawn to be cut , but it is not the only one, we also have to take into account the type of terrain (flat or irregular), if we have a power outlet nearby …
We are going to analyze one by one the aspects that we must take into account, before making the decision to buy one or another model of lawnmower:
If our garden is flat and does not have any obstacles, we can choose any type of lawnmower: manual, electric, gasoline … the decision of the model would depend on the size of the garden, if it is very small we can choose a manual or electric with cable.
The problem arises if our garden has a slope, which forces us to constantly push. In this case, it is necessary to opt for an electric lawnmower (if it is not very big) or gasoline, but always self-propelled.
Size of the area to mow
Another decisive factor in choosing a suitable mower is the square meters of grass to be mowed.
Remember that on average, during the summer you have to cut the grass every week . If you have a garden of 500m2, it is several hours of work with an inadequate lawnmower and a walk with a gasoline lawnmower that has traction.
We can estimate that as a rule, you should consider these suitable surfaces and mower:
- Less than 100 m2, we can use a manual or an electric one.
- Between 100m2 and 150m2 , the best idea is an electric lawnmower or a programmable robot. The width of the cut should be at least 30-34 cm.
- Garden from 150m2 to 500m2. We can go to an electric lawn mower with a cable, if we have where to plug it in, a battery if there is no option, a programmable robot or the best option (especially if we move closer to 500m2) gasoline lawn mower. The cutting width should be between 34 and 36 centimeters.
- Surface of 400m2 onwards. Gasoline lawn mower or tractor. Cutting width 40 to 57 centimeters.
Tips for use and maintenance
So that the experience of mowing and maintaining your garden grass does not become a problem, follow these instructions:
- The lawn should be cut with dry grass. If you have just watered, the cut will be irregular and the appearance of fungi is favored, look for the last hours of the day, they are the best.
- During the summer it should be cut once a week. In spring and autumn the cut will be made two or three times a month, to reduce in winter and not cut at all.
- The passes must be made in different directions, to prevent the grass from leaning and we end up not cutting anything.
- The ideal height of the lawn is between 5 and 10 centimeters. In this way it stays healthier and will grow at a good rate.
- After mowing is complete, store the mower in the shade in a cool, dry place. If it is gasoline, empty the tank at the end of the season.
Best lawnmower brands
- Honda lawn mower. Honda manufactures all kinds of garden and agricultural machinery, being the Honda electric lawn mowers and Honda gasoline lawn mowers of high quality. Less well known, but also of great power and versatility are its automatic lawnmowers. Honda robotic lawnmowers are designed for gardens from 400 m2 to 4,000 m2.
- Husqvarna lawn mower. The German manufacturer Husqvarna also offers us a wide range of lawnmowers, the Husqvarna robotic lawnmowers being one of the best known and recognized by all gardeners. If you like Husqvarna mowers and the quality of the brand, you can buy manual, electric, gasoline and automatic lawn mowers.
- Viking lawn mower. Viking is a brand of lawnmower of the Stihl group, more oriented to domestic use, while Stihl manufactures professional lawnmowers … although in reality it is always a question of budget. Viking mowers are somewhat cheaper than Stihl mowers.
- Einhell lawn mower. Einhell is a German brand that I love, not only for the garden, it has many DIY tools with fantastic finishes ( Einhell drills ). It manufactures all types of lawnmowers, manual, electric and gasoline. Its benefits are very good and are characterized by having a very good price.
- Bosch lawn mower. Bosch is known worldwide for its DIY tools, but it also has a section especially dedicated to the garden. Bosch makes manual and electric lawn mowers, but not gasoline. The quality of the product is beyond doubt, they are very good and durable.
- Greencut lawn mower. Greencut is a firm specialized in all types of motorized garden machinery: lawnmowers, chainsaws… They have fantastic prices, with really good finishes, that’s why they sell so well.
Where can I buy a lawnmower?
A lawnmower is not a tool you buy at a local hardware store. The usual thing is to buy it in specialized stores , especially garden centers or large DIY, such as Leroy Merlin.
My recommendation is that you buy your mower on Amazon, be it gasoline, electric, automatic or battery.
The reasons why I recommend buying a lawnmower on Amazon are:
- Wide variety of brands and models. All the prestigious brands sell their products on Amazon, and the same thing happens with lawnmowers. You can choose between mowers of the most important brands: Honda, Husqvarna, Einhell … and with the most current models of the moment.
- Unbeatable prices, constant mower deals. It is known that the prices that Amazon handles are seldom exceeded by physical stores. On Amazon you will find constant offers, the best prices are here. If you are looking for a cheap lawn mower, it is the best option.
- Comfort. You are going to buy with all the peace of mind in the world, sitting on the sofa at home, analyzing the different products, until you find the one that best suits your needs.
- Fast service and delivery at home. Amazon’s service is the best, not only is it very fast, but they deliver it to your door, you don’t have to bother at all.
- Satisfaction guarantee. Amazon offers a unique satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t like it, don’t worry, you return it. And if it doesn’t work, they change it.