Do you need to fix the garden but are short of money? No problem, you can buy a cheap lawnmower that will get you out of trouble.
Thinking about buying products on sale will always be the best way to save some money. And in the case of lawnmowers , you can get very good and resistant pruning equipment at low prices.
People sometimes claim that maintaining your lawn immaculately mowed costs a lot of money. You don’t have to pay much in the way of green to deal with your lawn’s foliage. You will find numerous low-cost riding lawn mowers on the market.
In-depth buyer’s guide and reviews of the top affordable riding lawn mowers are featured in this thorough guide.
Here we will present the best budget small riding lawn mowersand cheapest models of lawn mowers so that you can have a beautiful and pruned garden without having to spend a fortune.
If you do not have much money to invest in your lawnmower or the area of land that you have to cut is not very large, you may be looking for a cheap lawnmower . Does it mean that a cheap lawn mower can’t be quality? Not at all, read the characteristics of our selection of lawnmowers and you will be convinced.
Our Editor's Choice - 10 Best Budget Small Riding Lawn Mowers
10 Best Budget Small Riding Lawn Mowers 
There is the mistaken belief that all gasoline mowers are exorbitantly priced, but the truth is that many models are affordable and the best thing is that they do not sacrifice quality .
This time we show you the 5 best lawn mowers with low prices but with good performance . With this list you will save a lot of time by choosing the model of your choice and you will be able to protect your money.
If you want to buy a lawnmower to which you do not have to do so much maintenance to the engine, nor do you have to be in contact with fuel, what you need is an electric lawn mower.
Surely you are thinking that to have one of these equipment you will have to spend a lot of money, but the truth is that they also sell very good cheap electric lawn mowers and here we present them to you.
It is a very robust gasoline lawn mower that combines a very powerful engine with a housing resistant to external agents such as water and the sun. Moreover, the cutting blades can be adjusted in 6 different levels to achieve different effects in the garden.
This mower is 4 in 1 because it has a collection bag, side or rear discharge or mulching.
- 60L waste tankmade of easy-discharge fabric.
- 6 cutting levelsranging from 28mm to 92mm.
- With a 140cc engine belonging to the Briggs Stratton e-series that reduces the emission ofpolluting gases .
- Ergonomic handlebar adjustableto 3 different heights for user comfort.
- Recommended for land of 1500m3 since the maximum cutting speed is 3.6Km / h.
- 46cm cutting widthand large wheels for better movement.
- Work with single speed.
- It is made of steel which increases its weight.
Rank #2: Husqvarna YTH18542 Riding Lawn Mowe
It has one of the best prices on the list and is a sturdy gasoline lawn mower, the chassis is built in corrosion resistant metal and the OHV 4-stroke engine is 139cc.
Its size and weight make it ideal for work in small to medium-sized gardens, and since it is easy to start you do not need to be an expert to be able to turn it on and work with this cheap mower.
- It is self-propelledwhich reduces the effort of the operator and makes garden work easier.
- It has integrated 400mm double edge cutting bladesfor more precise cuts.
- Includes 45L waste collection bag.
- With CDI electronic ignitionfor easy starting.
- The cutting width is 40.7cmand the height is regulated in 7 levels from 25 to 75mm.
- The engine power is 5cv and generates 3000 RPM. The fuel tank is 1.2L.
Rank #3: Troy-Bilt 382cc Premium Riding Lawn Mower
If you want a mower for your garden of medium dimensions , this is an excellent purchase option for you. It has a very low price and is comfortable.
On the other hand, you can regulate the cutting height , it has a good cutting width and has a large bag for waste collection, this prevents you from having to clean the garden later.
- It has 9 levelsof cut that vary between 30 and 80 mm high.
- The waste collection bag is a good size of 50L, it also comes with fill indicator.
- It is recommended for surfaces up to 1400m2.
- The 125cm3 1650W 4-stroke engine is from Briggs & Stratton.
- Its handlebar is foldablewhich allows it to be stored in smaller places and can be placed in 3 different positions when working.
- With metal chassis that increases the weight but also makes it more resistant.
- He arrives unarmed.
Rank #4: Husqvarna YTA24V48 24V Tractor Mower
This is a very simple to use cheap lawn mower, ideal for home jobs carried out by non-professionals who are looking to take care of their garden without so much effort .
Includes a Briggs & Stratton 300E Series 125cc motor, wheels for better roll , simple and easy-grip handlebars, 6 levels of cut and collection bag.
- The bag is 45Land is made of mesh which does not increase the weight of the mower.
- With lever to select thedesired cutting level . In total there are 6 levels of cut between 35 and 85mm.
- If you don’t want to use the collection bag you can select the rear dischargeoption .
- It is resistant, the casing is made of steel, and has a cutting width of 40cm.
- The handlebar can be adjusted in 3 different heights.
Rank #5: Husqvarna Z254 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
If you are looking for a very light and compact gasoline lawn mower for small garden work, this Mountfield machine is your best purchase option.
It is specially designed to be an aid at home instead of a professional tool, which is why it is light , easy to handle as it is self-propelled and has a 100cc engine according to its size.
- With 5 levels of cut. From 25 to 70mm.
- It has a 40L waste collector.
- Its size is reduced so the cutting width is 39cm.
- The outer casing is made of polypropylenewhich considerably reduces its weight.
- 4 good-sized wheels for easy mobility.
- The cutting blades are not that strong.
- It is best used on dry grass.
Rank #6: Troy-Bilt 382cc Riding Lawn Mower
One of the outstanding qualities of this electric lawn mower is that it can be folded so small that it allows the user to carry it with one hand, as if it were a briefcase. This means that you can store it in any space in the house, and even take it in the car.
- Its Carbon Power electric motor has a power of 1000W.
- It is very light, it only weighs 10Kgand has reduced measurements of 38x59x28.5 cm.
- It is recommended for spaces up to 300m2.
- The waste collection box is 25L and can be disassembled.
- The power cord is protected againstelectric shock .
- With 3 levels of adjustable cut very easily.
- Parts made of not so resistant materials.
- It is not for professional work, nor many hours of continuous cutting
Rank #7: Husqvarna YTA24V48
It is a cheap electric lawn mower that will help you keep the grass always well trimmed in your garden, no matter the time of year. This model has an amazing and practical ergonomic bike-style handlebar that allows you to grip the machine at separate ends and turn it without any complications.
As we already mentioned, the purchase price is incredible, it really is a very good offer that is worth it, since it has an acceptable power and different cutting heights to make designs.
- With power of 1200W.
- Ideal for land with an area of 300m2.
- It has 3 cutting levelsranging from 20 to 60 cm and 32 cm cutting width.
- It has a handle on the topof the case for easy carrying and carrying.
- Power-up is quick at the push of a button.
- The waste tank has a good size of 35L.
- The cutting blades lose their edgewith ease.
- Folding the machine for storage is not very easy.
Rank #8: Husqvarna YTH24V54 Riding Mower
In addition to having a fascinating bargain price, one of its most outstanding qualities is that it is a very light , easy-start lawn mower .
The body or casing is made of resistant plastic which reduces weight, coupled with this it has an incredible 1300W motor and high quality steel blades that guarantee even and uniform cuts.
- 30L waste collection box.
- The ergonomic handle has 3 positionsto adjust to the height of any operator.
- The cutting width is 32cm and the height is regulated in 3 levels from 24mm to 55mm.
- It is 3 in 1because the waste can be collected, left on the ground, or mulched.
- Power is very good thanks to its 1300W motor.
- It has insurance to avoid involuntary start-up.
- Working on wet grass is not recommended as thecutting blades could get stuck.
- Being made of plastic, the outer part should not be used in rocky areas.
Rank #9: Snapper Classic RER Rear Engine Riding Mower
It is an electric lawnmower that will keep your garden always pruned and ready to receive visitors, or so that children can play in it without getting lost in the grass.
Its weight is light and it has reduced measurements which allows anyone without experience to handle it without inconvenience. On the other hand, the power is more than enough for housework and the blades make even cuts.
- It is recommended to work on land up to 300m2.
- It has 5 levelsof cutting height (20mm-60mm) that are regulated with a lever.
- As it is a small machine, the cutting width is 33 cm.
- It has a waste collection bag with a capacity of 30L.
- The power is 1250Wand the idle speed is 3300 RPM.
- The handlebar can be folded up for storage after finishing the job.
- It is not for professional use.
- The entire coating or housing is plastic.
Rank #10: Ryobi 38″ Battery Electric Rear Engine Riding Lawn Mower RY48110
With the push of a button you can start working to make your garden beautiful. This cheap electric lawn mower has a debris collector, wheels for better travel, a powerful motor and ergonomic handlebars.
The best thing is that despite being super economical it is also durable , has good cutting capacity and without a doubt you will not regret taking it to your home.
- It has 10 levels ofcutting height ranging from 20 mm to 60 mm.
- ErgoTeck handlefor easy grip and care for your hands.
- The collection bag has a fill indicatorand is 30L.
- A good power of 1200W for work at home.
- It is suitable for works in gardens of up to 300m2.
- The cutting width is 32cm.
- Cord extension must be purchased separately.
- The collection basket has to be positioned correctly because it may fall.
What should you take into account before buying a Cheap Lawn Mower?
As you may have already noticed, a good lawn mower is not differentiated by its price but by its characteristics. The more expensive a tool is does not mean that it is better, there are many excellent quality gasoline or electric models that you can buy for low prices.
You only have to review certain characteristics that make the difference between a good lawn mower and one with little durability, and we will talk about those aspects below.
Having a garden cutting tool with good power guarantees you a faster job , because low power equipment tends to stall or stall if the grass is too thick or tall.
A powerful engine is unstoppable and you should take it into account before making your purchase.
It is also important to consider the size of the waste container to be able to work continuously without interruptions . For example, if you have a space greater than 300m2, you cannot decide to buy a machine with a 25L bag, because you will have to stop to empty it several times.
The specifications of each machine has a section where the manufacturer announces for what amount of land that model is recommended, it is best that you take them into account, since, generally, this data is associated with the amount of grass that can be stored in the bag . These data may also vary depending on the length of the lawn at the time of mowing.
Cutting Width and Height
Each buyer has their own tastes of mowing, some people prefer the grass at ground level and others choose to leave the grass a little higher. That is why lawn mowers include different levels of cut that generally range from 20mm to 80mm .
The width is determined by the cutting blades located at the bottom of the machine, it is generally located between 40 and 50 cm , but in smaller equipment it can be about 30 cm, ideal for smaller areas.
Cheap mower materials can compromise quality, that’s why you should always take them into account.
The chassis must be made of a resistant material to support the weight of the engine block, on the other hand, the blades must be constructed of good materials so that they do not deform or split during the cutting process.
You should also choose a model that has a housing that is resistant to sun and water, since it is a tool for outdoor use.
You can buy very good cutting equipment for really low prices, an electric lawn mower for home work can cost as little as 70 dollars.
If we talk about cheap gasoline lawnmowers, the price ranges between 150 and 200 dollars, which represents incredible deals if we consider that the most expensive machines can be worth up to 600 dollars.
Conclusion - Best Budget Small Riding Lawn Mowers
Husqvarna YTH18542 is our recommendation for the best affordable riding mower in 2021. This mower combines all of the elements needed for an exceptional experience: power, quality, and ease of use. A hassle-free mower with a 38-inch cutting deck is great for cutting moderate-sized lawns.
While they’re all fantastic riding lawn mowers, there are differences in how they perform, so if you did not like the Husqvarna YTH18542 then one of the other great selections we examined might be right for you.