Having a well-groomed garden with properly mowed lawns doesn’t have to be a tedious and complicated job that involves gas, smoke, and excessive noise.
With a battery mower at home you can make pruning the garden a simple and quick task , the best thing is that you will not get entangled with any cables, you will not wake up all the neighbors with the noise and you will not drown with the smoke.
There are undoubtedly many models of battery powered lawnmowers on the market and if it is your first purchase it can be exhausting having to make a purchase decision with so many options.
The best thing is that you trust experts to make your choice , that’s why we have left for you a list only with the best lawnmowers , we hope it will help you.
What Battery Mower to Buy? The 5 Best in Quality / Price Ratio
If you want a mower that meets your expectations, is good but at the same time has a price appropriate to its benefits and characteristics, we recommend that you review the list that we leave you below.
Rank #1: Bosch Rotak 430 LI
This Bosch lawnmower is ideal for working in large gardens, it can even provide an autonomy to cut around 600m ².
Among its peculiarities is that it can cut the lawn in 6 different levels, and also has a large deposit that collects all the waste so that the garden is pruned and clean when the work is finished.
- Adjustable cutting height in 6 levelsfrom 20 to 70 mm.
- Good cutting width of 43 cm.
- Waste tankwith a capacity of 50L .
- Good power thanks to the 36V / 2.0 Ah Lithium Ion battery.
- It includes 2 batteriesand the charger that takes only 70 min to charge to 100%.
- Very light at 13.7Kgand easy to handle.
- Delicate batteriescan fail with few charge cycles.
- It is not self-propelled.
Rank #2: BLACK & DECKER CLMA4820L2-QW
This BLACK & DECKER cordless mower is quite robust and has a 48cm cutting width so you can take up more space in a single pass of the machine.
On the other hand, it is a 3-in-1 equipment , since it has a mulching, side discharge and lawn mower function.
It also has 7 cutting levels that will make it easy for you to cut at heights that vary between 38 and 101 mm. The levels are very easy to change thanks to the lever located on the top of the cordless mower.
- Includes 2 36V / 2.0 Ah lithium batteries and charger.
- With automatic grass harvesting and 50L tank.
- It has a side outletfor quick unloading of grass in a container or bag.
- 7 cutting levels: 38mm, 48mm, 58mm, 68mm, 78mm, 88mm and 100mm.
- Excellent mulching functionto reuse waste as compost.
- Easy to store because it has a quick foldfunction .
- It is not self-propelled.
- Large size, not recommended for small gardens.
Rank #3: Sprint 370P
The Sprint mower is powered by a superior quality, durable Briggs & Stratton battery , which is included as is a dual charger.
It is capable of working in areas of up to 520m², it has resistant blades that allow fast and even cuts, thus leaving a professional result in the garden.
The price of this model is very accessible so if you want to save a little money it is a good purchase option, on the other hand, it has a collection bag that is easy to empty.
- Includes18V / 5.0Ah battery and dual charger.
- With large wheels on the back for easy handling.
- Padded handleto improve grip and reduce vibration.
- 37 cm cutting width.
- 40L collection bag.
- Provides up to 45 minutes of autonomy.
- Not so resistant plastic parts.
- It is a push mower.
Rank #4: Einhell GE-CM 33 Li
The Einhell GE-CM cordless mower has excellent power thanks to the batteries it includes belonging to the Power X-Change line, which can be exchanged with other Einhell equipment .
The best thing is that you can also replace the batteries with 5.2Ah batteries that will allow you to work continuously on 500m² land.
It is really light and easy to handle , since it includes 4 wheels (two front and two rear) that improve mobility without damaging the lawn.
- With 2 chargers and 218V / 2.0 Ah batteries .
- 30L waste tank.
- It has 5different cutting levels ranging from 25 to 65mm.
- It can be stored in small places because the handlebar folds easily.
- Fast charging time.
- The batteries provide autonomy to cut up to 200m².
- The handlebars can feel a bit flimsy.
- Only for small to medium gardens and home use.
Rank #5: Murray IQ18WM44
With this battery-powered lawnmower you can have a cutting autonomy of approximately 40 or 50 minutes thanks to Bringgs & Stratton 18V / 5.0 Ah batteries.
It has a double charger so you can charge both batteries at the same time, a process that takes just 2 hours.
The cuts with this cordless mower are precise because it has a double 16mm cutting blade.
- Good cutting width of 44 cm.
- Autonomy to cut spaces of up to 640m².
- Double charger to save time and be able to charge both batteries at the same time.
- Powerful 1.5kW / 36Vbrushless motor to reduce maintenance.
- Adjustable cutting height from25 to 75mm.
- Instructions unclearand devoid of details.
- The debris collector is made of cloth and a bit unstable.
What Should You Consider Before Buying a Battery Lawn Mower?
Many people have some doubts about whether to buy a battery-powered mower or not, because there is a belief that they are not very powerful and for fear of having few minutes of autonomy.
But really, cordless mowers have many advantages , they are silent, you don’t have to deal with the cable or gasoline, they are lighter and the newer models have powerful and durable batteries that provide many minutes of autonomy.
To bring home a cordless lawn mower that meets your expectations you always have to review the following specifications.
The power in the cordless mower can often vary between 0.7 kW and 2 or 3 kW , and you can find out what power the equipment of your preference has in the technical specifications.
For professional jobs, the ideal is to select the machine with the greatest power, however, if it is your first purchase, it is best that you decide on a medium power one, this will allow you to maintain control of the mower and guide the cutting line.
The duration of the batteries will allow you to work more or less continuous time with the lawn mower, that is why if you have a very large field you should make sure that the battery is more durable so that you do not have to stop in the middle of the work.
In general, you can find lawnmowers with batteries that last between 30 and 70 continuous minutes.
The charging time is also variable but currently you can find mowers with fast chargers that take between 1 and 2 hours to fill the charge to 100%.
Working in the garden in the sun and exposed to humidity can be very exhausting, so it is important to buy a machine that can reduce the pressure of work and make it more comfortable with an ergonomic handlebar.
These handlebars improve the grip and do not hurt the hands , on the other hand, they facilitate the maneuverability of the mower, especially if you decide on one that is not self-propelled and must be pushed by the operator.
One of the most outstanding features of these garden tools is that it also includes a suction function and a space where leaves and plant debris are stored.
This saves the user time by not having to clean the garden after mowing the lawn, as the machine does all the work in one pass.
The size of the bags ranges between 20 and 60L . The larger it is, the greater the volume of the machine and may increase its weight a bit if the collector is made of plastic.
The prices of these garden tools can be higher than those of the corded machines , especially if you are buying a model with batteries and charger included.
It is important to note that they use clean, non-polluting technologies and at the same time are more functional, you should not be dealing with the cable and it gives you greater freedom of movement.
Purchasing a cordless mower can cost anywhere from $ 300 to $ 600 , depending on the batteries, the brand, the size, the cutting width, and additional features such as waste collection.